8.06.2008

August goals

Well last month we decided to set some goals for ourselves, sort of an interfamily challenge to make the summer go by faster!

Lets see how we did:

T's goals:
  • Get a BBQ grill at no cost - I will give him this one though it was eeked out on 8/3
  • paint the inside of the garage, again - DONE!
  • learn to cook 1 new dish - DONE! T learned to cook fabulous fajitas...
  • love my wife...everyday - DONE! even with bumps in the road, I think T accomplished this..

RA's goals:
  • use treadmill/go walking 3x week - DONE!
  • learn to make a new dish DONE! - I made Chicken with Grape Mustard Cream Sauce and Couscous
  • say "no" to one outing a week DONE! - Though I will say I still said yes to too much...
  • stay within $30/week for gas DONE! - finished the month with $12+ left in my gas budget...I think the saying no helped along with the falling gas prices
  • $75 snowflakes...with $10 being personal snowflakes DONE! Not only did I add $10 in personal snowflakes, but our total snowflakes for the month was $207.79!
  • bring lunch to work every day - DONE! I'm still a bit surprised by this one but so happy!
Overall a great month, so we decided to keep the goals coming. Here are our new goals for August:

T's goals (he's keeping it simple):
  • building shelving in master bedroom closets
  • learn another new dish to cook
  • *update* get AC hooked up in the house
RA's goals:
  • shop only from a list - this is proving to be hard already but it is still working so far
  • bring lunch to work every day again - T and I are going to come up with a good reward for making it through August
  • say "no" to one outing every week - T says I still need to work on this!
  • $100 total in wedding fund by 8/31 - the fund started at $44 and the snowflakes are starting to add up (@ about $43 right now)
Although its already the 6th, we still have a long way to go...wish us luck!

0 notes:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so leave me a note!

Rachel Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...