7.24.2008

Frugal friends, family time

We had the opportunity to host my old bro, J and his wife C, for dinner on Monday night. I have to say that I was a bit nervous because J always chides me about cooking since I've never really cooked a meal for him. So I wanted to impress him.

With absolutely perfect timing, this past weekend Mrs. O had gifted us some of her homemade pesto! Thank you, thank you! Made from her own herb garden, she hooked it up on a budget. I based my whole meal around using that pesto. We ended up with a red and yellow pepper filled salad with Honey Dijon vinegarette to start, followed by seasoned sauteed chicken and baked pesto pasta, with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese, with ice cream sundaes for dessert! Let me tell you, that pesto got my creative juices flowing in the kitchen.

I'm pleased to say the meal was devoured, with compliments all around (on the pasta mostly...I think due to the pesto!) and seconds were had. I even got a "This is really good!" out of J at least twice! At least now he knows my husband is well fed because I do know how to cook.

0 notes:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so leave me a note!

Rachel Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...