2.22.2008

Financial Planning or Frugality

Over the past few months since we got married, and especially recently in light of the many changes I've decided to make with my career, I've been very aware of the cost of things, how much we spend, and what is/isn't essential.

I've become a big fan of the personal blogs that I stumble upon where people outline their purchases, money saving goals, and ups and downs. There is something satisfying in seeing that other people are working hard and aware of what it takes to make your goals a reality.

There are a number of things we've cut back on that were unnecessary: cable TV and text messaging.

Other things we learned to be more aware of: turning off the lights when you leave a room, turning down the temp on the water heater, unplugging things that aren't in use until you need them.

My new favorite area to save money is with sales on groceries and consequently all the new recipes that we get to try out. Bonus: more eating at home means less eating out, which means even more savings!

If I come across any great tips in my hunt to save a buck, I'll post them, cause God knows we all could stand to save a bit!

0 notes:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so leave me a note!

Rachel Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...