5.10.2012

Simplicity + a shop shut down

Perhaps shut down is too harsh a term. For awhile? Yes. For good? Who knows. For now? The best decision for me and my family.

Lately, I've been purging "things" left and right. Clothes that don't fit, suit my lifestyle, or just aren't me anymore. Toys that Bird is not playing with or has multiples of. Teeny outfits that Ham just blazed through. Extra papers, books, bags, furniture, just "stuff" that doesn't have a place in our lives.

Through this process I've come to the conclusion that, for now, Goose + Trisser - the shop, is just one of those things that doesn't "fit". I have loved my space in the handmade market for the past two years and the tiny treats I've created and sent out into the world. The truth is that now I have a second precious creation at home that is demanding my everything and I have to get them both ready to send out into the world as well. Not only is that where my focus should be, that is where I desperately want my focus to stay.

I can't promise that I'll stay away from the handmade community for long. I'm still open to custom work and one off pieces here and there (email me to get a quote) and who knows what G + T will have in store for the future. What I do know is that it has been fun and it has been real.

{side note: I will be having a shop closing sale, featuring all pieces, samples, and materials priced to move!
UPDATE: everything is listed, check it out here!}

0 notes:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so leave me a note!

Rachel Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...