5.27.2008

Seperate accounts

We decided to switch it up over here and get separate checking accounts for our own personal spending money and keep our joint account for all the household family business.

After weeks and weeks of reading about ING Electric Orange accounts and working through our budget and the way we actually spend our money, we thought that separate accounts that are connected to our joint account would be the best solution.

This helps in several ways:
I have to go to the bank 3 times a month versus 7 at the minimum
We can spend our personal money the way we want, including surprise gifts for the other person
The money that we would take out for "envelope budgeting" can earn interest from our new accounts

The last big change will be to switch over our savings account sometime next week.

Did I mention I love banking and budgets!

0 notes:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so leave me a note!

Rachel Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...