4.08.2010

That neighbor

I'm that neighbor.

Yesterday I was sitting on the couch feeding Bird, when I spied outside a younger woman and her child playing in the rain and puddles. I have been dying to meet some young mothers in my neighborhood the past couple weeks, hunting for them on my mid day walks. So what do I do? I jump up, throw on some shoes and run out the front door with Bird in my arms. I yelled to the woman, "Hey, do you live in the neighborhood?" and from there we started a brief, but fruitful, conversation. I found out a bit more about the make up of my block, got some information about a moms' group and took down her phone number to make plans for a walk or something some time soon.

I'm so glad that I put myself out there, even if I am that neighbor.

0 notes:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so leave me a note!

Rachel Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...